Step One: Measure of your Coffee
- 60g freshly ground coffee
- Medium grind
- Medium Roast
Step Two: Assemble the filter
- Make sure the finer side of the mesh is facing upwards.
- Pout the glass tower into the filter
Step Three: Add coffee to the tower
- Pour the 60g of measured coffee into the tower and shake to level.
Step Four: Put in the filter
- Carefully place the tower into the carafe
- Place a paper filter or reusable filter on top of the coffee
Step Five: Pre-wet the coffee
- You will now add 2oz/60ml of water to evenly soak the coffee grounds
Step Six: Insert the valve
- Carefully push the plug down into the tower. Wet the lip of the seal to help it slide in easily.
- You will now measure 24oz/700g of ice and water (about half water/half ice) and pour into the tower.
Step Eight: Set the drip rate
- When the etched line on the stainless steel valve tube lines up with the slot in the silicone, the valve will be fully open.
- Turn the knob clockwise to slow the drip rate
- Bruer recommends setting the drip rate to one drip per second, which will fall within the 'target range'.